Posts tagged mural
Posts tagged mural
This fits in well with that earlier dark vision of “Rapunzel.”
This is fanart, but it’s so amazing it must be reblogged. Truly astounding.
She’s documenting things she’s discovering. So it’s not just about her art, she’s also learning things. –CLAIRE KEANE ON RAPUNZEL
This is my best attempt at reading what Rapunzel wrote on the walls of the main tower room:
(1) different patterns make things interesting
(2) I make dresses out of fabric that mother brings
(3) so many ideas
(4) scissors thread and fabric
(6) all the trimming
(7) corset goes with the dresses
(8) lace underneath
(9) patterns for the dresses
(10) so many dresses to design
(11) all the small things the come through my window creep out
(12) this guy is REALLY slow
(13) really pretty dress
(14) sticky hands sticking
(15) the closest I am to flying is when I’m reading. I read my books I’m taken somewhere different
(16) too bad butterflies can’t read books [?] where they could [?]
(17) up of them so alike yet so similar
(18) every day they fly
(19) the most beautiful part of my day is when I see the butterfly big in groups I wish I had a beautiful group too
(20) books *and* wings that’s a treat
(21) the poor little guys
(22) these guys come around quite often – I need to be careful!
(23) after long tough day they are
(24) friends again
(25) whenever I leave food sitting out these ants come and steal it
(26) these guys are mean
(27) dead leaves curl up and fall
(28) it snows when it’s cold out
(29) they’ve been together since they were babies
(30) the three friends they keep each other [?]
(31) the flowers come into bloom in the spring and then leaves come
(32) there are so many plants that just grow grow grow even without water
(33) she’s pretty
(34) this one too
(35) when it’s dry I can always count on these guys to stay strong
(36) there are some plants that I must water everyday
(37) there are all my friends I wouldn’t [?]
(38) Marielle up [?] nice she’s not nice to my friends
(39) mother bird cares for her babies
(40) I want to fly with the birds and learn the songs they sing
(41) the birds make really nice beds out of leaves what would happen if I were to go down and get all those leaves to put in my room I would sleep like the birds!
(42) what’s for dinner?
(43) why do you ask? worms like everyday. maybe a few berries.
(44) so many different types of birds yet they all sing and fly too
(45) where is he going today?
(46) leaves stay on the trees
(47) mean bird took my pear today
(48) there are little ones and big ones
(49) the trees are changing constantly
(50) the trees bend when the wind blows
"I’ve been looking out a window for eighteen years, dreaming what it would be like when those lights rise in the sky."
I started … documenting my life in a sketchbook and turning it into Rapunzel. Cleaning up my house, putting away clothes, separating the dirty from the clean. I’m singing while I’m doing it. That leads to a life-as-art thing, where everything Rapunzel is doing is another opportunity for art. -CLAIRE KEANE
This collage is of all Rapunzel’s self-portraits in the tower. I love how Claire Keane had Rapunzel transfigure all her ordinary activities into magical moments.
There’s an image of Rapunzel free, flying in the air as a sunburst, which says so much. This is a girl who has to get out and bless the world. -GLEN KEANE
These pictures of the constellations in Rapunzel’s tower come from concept art in “The Art of Tangled,” as well as screencaps from the film.
I never noticed the painting in the lefthand corner before. Adorable. If you look at later screens, Rapunzel never painted over it.
I can’t remember where I found this, but it must be some promotional scene – there are no Rapunzel (Claire Keane) murals on the walls. It looks so odd. That’s such a part of who she is.